Breakdown or Breakthrough?
The Chinese ideogram for 'Crisis' is Danger - Opportunity. A crisis event can explode the illusions that anchor our lives, allowing a breakthrough change of direction, behavior or values.
What have you learned from a past crisis or trauma?
Bear in mind that misfortunes can have a positive side
- opening us to deep emotions
- provoking us to think deeply
- creating awareness of the negative consequences of our actions
- building compassion
- teaching a better way ahead for the future
Widening your view
Most of the time we are not facing life or death situations, yet we often worry about them as if they were. Think about something that's worrying you and answer these questions:
- What is the best thing that could happen to you?
- How could that turn out to be the worst thing?
- What is the worst thing that could happen to you?
- How might that be the best possible thing?