Responsible people generally have a good opinion of themselves, springing from innate pride in the way they are. It is better to build on whatever makes you proud than to try to alter whatever it is that you do not like about yourself.
Sources of pride can include
- your achievements
- the way you look
- the way your partner or children look
- your house or car
- a good deed or helpful act
What made you most proud
- As a child?
- As a teenager?
- As an adult?
What are you most proud of now?
Practice feeling like an Emperor
- Picture everything around as if it were a part of your Empire.
- Imagine holding a press conference to tell an audience how you did it your way.
- Enjoy your everyday achievements, without needing to boast about them to others.